MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Now a new error im lost??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Catfishman' pid='4267' dateline='1267199420'] THEY WOULDNT WORK LAST NIGHT BUY ' at line 1
Seems like their is a syntax error, are you sure you selected and have the correct MySQL database in the installation? Try reinstalling MyBB in another folder and a new database.
(2010-02-26, 04:32 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like their is a syntax error, are you sure you selected and have the correct MySQL database in the installation? Try reinstalling MyBB in another folder and a new database.
This is on a site that's been running fine for months this appeared when i tried to quote a post and respond to it!!When i click post thread after the quote and adding my comments this appeared.
Ah I thought you were having problems with a new installation. Well than their must be something messed up the the database or some PHP file. Do you remember doing any modifications like editing a PHP file or installing a plugin?
Zomaian, it's really not a good idea to tell people to reinstall Wink http://community.mybboard.net/thread-62793.html

As Zomaian said though, do you have any plugins? Also, are you running the latest MyBB version?
(2010-02-26, 11:45 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Zomaian, it's really not a good idea to tell people to reinstall Wink http://community.mybboard.net/thread-62793.html

As Zomaian said though, do you have any plugins? Also, are you running the latest MyBB version?
I never told him to reinstall:

1) I thought he was having trouble with installing a clean copy so I thought he did something wrong in the installation. The thread you linked me to is talking about don't reinstall over current MyBB installation.

2) I told him to install a clean copy in a new folder and in a new database, never told him to install a clean copy over his current forum.

Cheers Smile