MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add language to a modified system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did many modifications to my installation of 14.11 English.
I never changed things in the language part of the package.
Now I'd like to add another language. My questions are:
(1) Will it undo some of my change? If so, where that'll be and how to handle that?
(2) Is it possible to remove a language to such a customized system?

Thanks
What do you mean you did many modifications to 14.11 English if you say "Never changed things in the language part of the package".
(2010-02-26, 05:40 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean you did many modifications to 14.11 English if you say "Never changed things in the language part of the package".
Did you mean any changes will affect language?

I didn't modify
config_languages.lang.php
class_language.php
language.php
anything inside of folder languages

What I modified is the templates
newreply, editpost, newthread
basically replace an editor but nothing more that that

I also modified global.css to make the board with fixed, centered
If you've edited text in the templates then you'll have problems using another language as the templates have hard coded text in them.
(2010-02-26, 10:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you've edited text in the templates then you'll have problems using another language as the templates have hard coded text in them.
I see. I actually add chs (only translations and images) to the system and just a few places that have my hard coded language related content: button texts.

What I'm supposed to do? I think this is a typical issue in many mod/plugins?

Thanks
It depends if the author hard coded text into the plugin or makes it language compatible.