MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Asterix and user name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that when I am checking "Who Was On Line Today" I see some users having asterix on the right side of their nick. Can someone tell me what does it mean and where it comes from?

Thank you.

EB
That means that they want to be hidden from the online list/invisible, but your settings say that admins and mods can see hidden/invisible users.
Belloman Wrote:That means that they want to be hidden from the online list/invisible, but your settings say that admins and mods can see hidden/invisible users.

Gee! Thanks! So, I have to have a follow-up question. Can I disable that function. There is no need to hide from being listed that he/she visited forum.

Thanks for the tip and maybe an answer to this next query.

EB
You could make it so that everyone can see users that are invisible, on a group-by-group basis. I couldn't find an option that disables this option, though.

To make it so that everyone can view invisible users (with a * next to their name), you would go here:

Admin CP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups -> *Group Name* -> Edit -> "Permissions: Who's Online" -> "Can View Invisible Users"

You would do that for each group. Users still have the option, but they are show to all users. They are still marked invisible, though.
Belloman Wrote:You could make it so that everyone can see users that are invisible, on a group-by-group basis. I couldn't find an option that disables this option, though.

Thank you for your help and explanation.