MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor Width Oddness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm using chrome (newest version 4.0.249.89) to edit this post. The above line indicates that the textarea has 63 columns. I look at the page source, it says cols=70.

The interesting thing is that by modifying templates 'newreply', 'newthread', 'editpost', the width of the textarea can be altered but never match what been set there.

And for some reason safari ignores mybb code and directly reflect the setting in these 3 templates.

No matter how I set the cols value, seem I cannot make all the browsers behave. This become worse if I set the board width to be fixed.

I think 'message' is a magic word here. It's the id of the textarea, the name of that textarea, and also many code use that for some other things.

It happens even if I remove {$codebuttons} from these 3 post editing templates
So your talking about the main MyCode message editor right? Can you provide a link and a test account so we can take a look.
Yes I'm talking about the editor for this reply. If you use chrome or IE6 or firefox (I'm using winxp), you can test this right here in this forum. But anyway here is my link and account: mathtoc, and the test account is tester/tester that works in the forum "Test Area"

Although the issue here is not a bug that make the system go wrong, but it did indicate some potential dangers.