MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Portal Templates to Index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My portal is installed on mysite.com/forum/portal.php. I want to add some of the portal templates to the index of my site, like "latest threads" for example. How do I go about doing that?

After spending hours on here, I can't find a thread that has an answer to this question. I know there's a way to add templates to the index, put I'm not understanding how this can be done with the portal.

Thanks.
There are 2 seperate templates, one for the portal (called portal) and one for the index (called index). I'm not sure if the exact code will work for both but I don't see why not.
Umm, you should be able to use a includes and then just call copy and paste the parts from the portal.php.

Sorry I don't know the exact information but that's how it's done Toungue.
(2010-02-27, 01:46 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2 seperate templates, one for the portal (called portal) and one for the index (called index). I'm not sure if the exact code will work for both but I don't see why not.

What code do you speak of? Exactly what code do I need to add a portal template to the index is what I'm asking.
I think Labrocca's side boxes plugin would suit you better, http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3658.html
I will cost $10 to download the plugin. There has to be a simple way to add portal templates to the index of my site. Someone here knows. Hopefully a resolution to this will be posted here because I don't see an answer in any other thread on this site.
I was doing some testing but I didn't have much luck, I'm pretty sure I see how to do it but I don't want to go editing the core files on my test board. Sad
There is a free sideboxes plugin, if you search.
Is that the same sideboxes plugin that's no longer compatible with mybb 1.4? I know, because I checked. Trust me, I've been through every avenue on getting this problem resolved lol.
Post a link to the plugin, I'll see if I can update it to 1.4 since I've got 8+ hours until I go home. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2