MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Charging for themes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something I will probably never do. What stops people from grabbing paid themes for free by finding a board that uses it, then running wget?
Because some paid themes are a lot better and they are uniquer than a free one. Sometimes people just also buy one because they like it or they were looking for something like that.
Because if they're found out their host shuts their site down and legal action is possible.
(2010-02-27, 02:43 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]What stops people from grabbing paid themes for free by finding a board that uses it, then running wget?

The same thing that stops people from walking into a store and stealing something (I hope)...
(2010-02-27, 02:43 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Something I will probably never do. What stops people from grabbing paid themes for free by finding a board that uses it, then running wget?

Why use Wget? I know a better way.
Why steal themes? I know a legal way of getting them.
(2010-02-27, 02:54 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-27, 02:43 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]What stops people from grabbing paid themes for free by finding a board that uses it, then running wget?

The same thing that stops people from walking into a store and stealing something (I hope)...

Maybe, stealing stuff online is a hell of a lot easier.

I wouldn't do it, but it just seems so easy.
It's easy to do, but not so easy to get away with unless you have offshore hosting. But then again, you can always contact the domain registrar...
(2010-02-27, 02:59 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-27, 02:54 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe, stealing stuff online is a hell of a lot easier.

I wouldn't do it, but it just seems so easy.
It is a lot easier i guess.
(2010-02-27, 03:01 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]It's easy to do, but not so easy to get away with unless you have offshore hosting.

That is very easy to get.
I don't think we need to give others ideas on theft. Smile

Thread Closed.