MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Table Prefix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I uploaded the MyBB software into my GoDaddy hosting account. I am now doing the installation process.

I am currently in the database configuration screen (on installation) and I have entered the following (100% correctly).

Database Server Hostname
Database Username
Database Password
Database Name

The problem lies in the Table Prefix. I have used the default "mybb_" and also tried to leave it blank. However, I still get an error message that reads:

Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at ' **************.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

What am I missing? How do I figure out what the correct table prefix is? Thanks in advance.
you can choose any prefix you like

your problem is with the other settings, most likely the host setting. usually that's localhost and not something.com.
Thanks for the help.

I called Go Daddy, and they advised me to use " t****.db.5***137.hostedresource.com and not use localhost. I have triple checked my passwords, and even changed them to try and get past this "Database Configuration" screen.

I am wondering of anyone else has used Go Daddy and had trouble. I am at wits end!
I might also add that I did not do any CHMOD mods.

Everything appeared to be fine, so I did not do them.
The prefix is just what all the tables will begin with when it makes them, it doesn't do anything with the actual connection. If it's giving this error, one of those 4 bits of information is wrong. It's not a GoDaddy issue as lots of people host with them.
Thanks Matt.

This will get me looking in the right direction.