MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests View Forums strange...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On the files that I moved over to the demo folder? Yea.

I made another MyBB site a couple of weeks ago, though it doesn't have as many posts, the threads still look good.

http://mycodecorner.cz.cc/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

So now I am really thinking it is a plugin problem.
Aw, come on guys. Don't give up on me now :'(
On your http://demo.penhacks.net try disabling all your plugins. You must make sure they are using a different database first though, I don't think they currently are so they will just mirror each other and changes you make on one will effect the other. Make a separate database and run the installer on your demo board to use this database then make a heap of posts as Matt said.
OK I've just found this thread.

This isn't a plugin problem.

I've got this problem on a forum that doesn't use any plugins and never has done.

This guy disabling all his plugins looks like a total waste of his time and won't solve the problem.
Is this on your Katie Piper forum? Can you provide a link to where its happening on your site, I can't seem to find any examples, or are there suppose to be sticky threads or something which aren't showing?
The Katie Piper forum is small and I've found a way of overcoming the problem there by increasing the threads per page setting to 60. Anything less and it won't show all the threads.

The problem is worse on a larger forum where this won't work and even asking for 150 threads per page shows very few, but better than using a setting of 20 threads per page which results in only a dozen threads being visible out of more than 200 and the number of threads per page sometimes being as low as 2.

On the Katie Piper forum a setting of 40 or 50 threads per page will show up to 11 threads per page. As the forum becomes larger I would expect the number of threads shown per page, on a setting of 40 or 50, to be no more than 4 or 5 threads per page.

I have one forum where out of 163 threads only 19 are visible to guests (spread over 3 pages of 9, 5 and 5, with the threads per page setting being 80, as if it were 20 there would only be 2 threads to each page).
Sorry guys I got sick for a while. I made a new data base and I will install the forums now.
Pages: 1 2 3