MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I lost everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed word press on my website and lost all my mybb databases, it's to late because I had no back up, so I installed word press and reinstalled mybb and am setting it back up, does anyone have a idea on why this would happen.

I would like to be able to have both a forum and a blog on my site. I have surewest for a host that uses mysql
instead of having both, I know that there is a plug-in, located in the mod section I think for MYBB that adds a blog system into MYBB forum, not sure if this is what maybe you would like?
This is what he is talking about: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myblogs
Why would installing WordPress do anything to the MyBB database/tables??
(2010-02-28, 01:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would installing Word Press do anything to the My BB database/tables??

This would be my question they went into 2 different directories.

mybb was in htdocs/forum
word press was in htdocs/blogs

onlything that could I could of think of that would have happen was word press over wrote a database that mybb used.

I even tried to upload a copy of mybb that I had on my local hdd, it had no forum posts but my settings were there. the forum was new so I only lost about 15 posts and all the users.

I looked into the blog for mybb but I can not find any support for it. I am looking for a blogging software that would allow my pastors to post blogs via email.

I was going to use blogger.com for them, but google stopped ftp support so I can not link it to our website.

thanks
George
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myblogs

did you try this ? ( it adds blogs to mybb ) without WordPress
Stop noobing him with your stupid plugin, he's not talking about that.

Did you install WordPress on the same database as MyBB? If you did it's still strange that it erased the MyBB database unless you overwrote it with the same prefix but now that I think of it WordPress doesn't have any of the same database names as MyBB apart maybe from the user database.

I don't believe that it is the fault of MyBB or WordPress but rather your host. Contact your host if they got any backups, some take hourly or daily backups Wink. Again it's still strange you or your host probably must have screwed up something really badly Sad.
You shouldn't have lost all your database(es), all hosts I know of also take their own backups, so at worse they should have a backup that is just a bit out of date?
(2010-02-28, 06:02 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Stop noobing him with your stupid plugin, he's not talking about that.

It is Not my plugin, I was ONLY trying to help him to save time, since it adds a blog system to MYBB ... and it does work well hand to hand with MYBB.
(2010-03-01, 05:07 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-28, 06:02 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Stop noobing him with your stupid plugin, he's not talking about that.

It is Not my plugin, I was ONLY trying to help him to save time, since it adds a blog system to MYBB ... and it does work well hand to hand with MYBB.
I know it's not your plugin, I was applying to all that said try this plugin. If you have read his thread you would have figured out that WordPress erased his MyBB database, not that he is looking for a blog plugin.