MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login problems and I read the thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I go to the admin cp I have to login every time I do something I changed servers and I changed some files manually a while ago and I looked at the login thread and I tried to change it but the settings that where I edit the settings show me my old settings and settings.php the new settings how should I fix this ?
You need to edit the settings.php to your new settings, this will let you access your admin panel, then change the values again in your admin panel. Providing us with a link might help.
You need to change config.php too.
What's there to change for this in config.php...??

If settings.php shows the new settings, clear your browser cookies and try again.
He probaly has to change his database right?
Why...?? You don't really need to edit the database to fix this problem and if you did you wouldn't need to do anything to config.php...
Alternatively, try to set manually by a database.
Well in my experience when you get a new host your database name (Usualy the prefix) is diffrent.
But they're not saying they're getting an error with the database details, there's an error logging in, so the database details must already be correct.
I fixed it I just had to clear some cookies and I transfered serevers awhile ago so config.php was correct