MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sort of like Twitter + MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's like MyBBlogs but instead of posting like a blog, there's a box on the frontpage asking something like "What's up?" and users can enter in messages like tweets. When a user uses "@SomeDudesUsername" the other person gets a little notifications with the other persons @message. Also a users @messages show up on their profile. Idk, I thought it sounded interesting and wanted to share it.
I should be able to do this, did it before for some personal websites. The only thing I am concerned about is how to notify someone when someone else tweets him or her on MyBB. I will probably start on it next week or something.
(2010-03-01, 12:18 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I should be able to do this, did it before for some personal websites. The only thing I am concerned about is how to notify someone when someone else tweets him or her on MyBB. I will probably start on it next week or something.

Freggin sweet! Also there should be a page displaying the last ~30 or so tweets.
I already have most of this done pluginless. I'm just pending if i should release it after MyBB help or not. The only thing i have left to do is the dump.
As mark said I know easily how to do this without making it into a plugin so I might just write a tutorial with the steps to do this Toungue.
Before you publish, can you tell me how you are doing the dump? For the life of me i can't get it done! Or for that matter getting it displaying in a sidebar.
Anyone done with it?
Haven't looked at it, got more important stuff to do at the moment, I will check back to it in 1-2 weeks.
(2010-03-04, 05:26 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't looked at it, got more important stuff to do at the moment, I will check back to it in 1-2 weeks.

Sweet, thanks!
If Bobby tells me how to do a dump, i can release mine to you (Only) for now. Its simple and works smexily.