MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO URL-redirect problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong.

I uploaded Google SEO to activate the SEO URL function that changes the thread IDs to strings.

As mentioned in the install.txt, I changed the htaccess and used the new inc/functions.php file included with the plugin. Yet when I activate the new URLs from the Plugin menu within the forum admin, the forum becomes unusable.

Forums and threads are properly renamed, yet clicking the URLs returns a 404 not found.

Is there something wrong with functions.php or with the way I modified the htaccess file?

Thanks guys Smile

Edit: Link to the site (albeit with plugin disabled so forum is usable):
If you get the correct URLs but with 404 error it means your rewrites don't work. So it's not the fault of the plugin. Fix your .htaccess or talk to your host to find out whether they support URL rewrites at all and what you have to do to make them work.
Thank you for your input.

I double-checked my htaccess and don't understand why the rewrites are not working. I have never modified the htaccess before so there is a chance that I don't know what I'm doing.

You can see my htaccess.txt here:

I'm pretty sure it's not my host's fault, as they are up-to-date and on top of everything - excellent hosting provider.
It's ".htaccess" not "htaccess.txt" and what you posted does not contain any of the Google SEO rewrite rules. See the plugins page, the Google SEO plugin will display a status there and (if URL is enabled) tell you what you have to add to .htaccess to make the rewrite rules work.
I found the solution to my problem. The htaccess I posted did indeed have the Google SEO rules but did not work because it was named "htaccess.txt" instead of ".htaccess". That was the clue I needed to get things working.

Thank you.