MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email Not Received!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has come to my attention that after converting my forum from vbulletin 3.8.6 to mybb, complaints about users need to change their password BUT never receives the new password.

The same case happened to new users which after they registered, they did not received any activation email from the forum.

Please fellow staff, help me here. Tell me where should I look and what should I do to fix this issue. This is a very critical time for me as this one forum of mine is now quiet due to the fact users can't log in and thus can't post!

Please..please..please help me.
url is at http://otakuflame.com

Following the wiki:
1. Junk folder. checked and no mail.
2. Test the PHP mail. page returns "Mail was sent by PHP"
Ok, did you receive that email the test sent?

Either way, the fact that it said "Mail was sent by PHP" means that there is nothing wrong at the MyBB or the server end, the problem is that a firewall or spam filter is deleting it at your end. If your not already doing so, try using SMTP rather than POP3 as sometimes this can prevent your emails being sent to spam.
Yes, I did receive the test email. Although the sender seems to be from [email protected] (address was edited).

For SMTP, at password part, I don't see anywhere that I could enter password.
If your server does not require authentication then you don't need to enter a password.
I tried SMTP and via the forum send an email to myself but DID NOT receive anything.
Are you using the SMTP details provided for the email address your trying to send from? These are the same SMTP details you would use if you were setting up outlook with that email address.
Yep..I created a new email account [email protected] and enter the details in mybb setting and nothing sent to my email.

Hmm..i just changed it back to PHP and register a dummy account..
surprisingly I got the activation email and was successfully activated.

But using the same setting (PHP), my friend registered on the site and confirm with me that he did not receive the email.
Is there a way for an admin to resend activation email to those who haven't got theirs? via admincp perhaps?