MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Future Developments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off
Quote:Any general technical support questions as well as questions about myBB in general can be posted here.
All other places have "M" Smile

Anyway. I know there are blogs with the information. But I was wondering when these things (like the parser class) will be implemented? Are we talking months, years? Yes, things like this take time, but as a modder I'd like to know if any mods I develop will become standard and redundant in the next release.
Any chance of a list of things that are to be implemented/changed in the near and distant future? Perhaps if we have a list, we can help development by making a mod that you can use as a framework or template.

Can we have more information on what's changed as well. I will admit that I don't know if my mods work with the latest release of MyBB because frankly, I don't have time to test all of my mods with the latest release. Perhaps if something major (like changing a plugin location or renaming variables) happened, we could be notified?? I know it's not high on your list but it helps people know what's been improved.

Not sure whether to have posted this in general chat or feedback forum *shrug*
Well many/all of the functions, (currently except for makepostbit) in the functions_post.php have been made deprecated, for the new parser class takes over those functions.

There's also a new data handler class, that is described on www.surfionline.com.

I believe both of these features will make it in for the next feature-pack version (although I'm not sure about the data handler class).