MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to modify the Javascript Post Editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I want to modify the javascript post editor when the user post or replies. The specific problem I have is that the "font" and "text size" drop down menus are in white text and are therefore invisible on the white background.

Actually I want it to be exactly the way it appears in this forum where font and text size drop down menus are in black text.

Also, as an additional question, how do I make favicon appear in mybb forum? Which template do I go to insert the favicon code?

Thanks!
(2010-03-02, 01:45 AM)Yefei Wrote: [ -> ]Also, as an additional question, how do I make favicon appear in mybb forum? Which template do I go to insert the favicon code?

Thanks!

I cannot answer your first questions but I can help with the Favicon. All you need to do is upload your favicon to your servers root directory as a .ico file.
so in my case, it would be to the forums/ directory?

I thought you needed a code, e.g. <link rel=favicon> in the <head> section of the mybb script somewhere. That's why I want to know the template to include this universally.
(2010-03-02, 02:02 AM)Yefei Wrote: [ -> ]so in my case, it would be to the forums/ directory?

I thought you needed a code, e.g. <link rel=favicon> in the <head> section of the mybb script somewhere. That's why I want to know the template to include this universally.

You don't need to add any code. As long as favicon.ico is in the root directory the web browser will find it.
(2010-03-02, 02:11 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-02, 02:02 AM)Yefei Wrote: [ -> ]so in my case, it would be to the forums/ directory?

You don't need to add any code. As long as favicon.ico is in the root directory the web browser will find it.

nope, i placed the favicon into my forums/ directory and it didn't work. Do you know where in admin control panel I can find the mybb template that will allow me to modify the html codes between <head></head> codes?

Thanks!
You have to edit the stylesheet.css file for the editor. If you're using the default editor, then just go to jscripts/editor_themes/default/stylesheet.css. I believe you're looking for the following:

.messageEditor .toolbar_dropdown .editor_dropdown_label {
	min-width: 120px;
	background: #fff;
	padding: 3px 4px;
	margin-right: 14px;
	border: 1px solid #aaa;
	border-right: 0;
	height: 14px;
	overflow: hidden;
}
(2010-03-02, 02:36 AM)Yefei Wrote: [ -> ]nope, i placed the favicon into my forums/ directory and it didn't work. Do you know where in admin control panel I can find the mybb template that will allow me to modify the html codes between <head></head> codes?

It's in the Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude template.
thank you Shedrock and TimB. You guys solved both of my questions!