MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using 1.00 Preview Release 2 and I've come across a problem. Up until this point everything was working nicely. But one day I awoke to find out that none of my attachments were working... when the night before everything was fine. Nothing was changed... neither by me or my host. Nobody has admin access but me... and I can't for the love of god figure out what has happened. I tried restoring a backup... both .sql and an actually backup of the uploads directory and nothing has fixed the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S
I realize I'm using a buggy version of MyBB and I know alot of fixes have been made in future version. I'm affraid of upgrading because I don't want to lose the skin I've worked so hard to create.
Are u talking about all kind of attachments ? or just images?

and regarding the skin! u will loose nothing Smile pls to all that, u can't export it, for more security, before, upgarding Smile

many regards
Can you more clearly define what 'not working' means? What can you do, what can't you do, what shows up, what doesn't show up?
go to my forums at the below url and find a topic with attachments (images) and you will see that the attachment column shows up but no images is loaded within it. I'll be more specific... just look at the topic in the URL below.

http://www.zerovision.net/showthread.php?tid=284

The image was working fine... then it all the attachements suddenly stoped working.
Is there anything in the uploads folder?
Yes.... It seems like all the files are still in the uploads folder thats the first thing I went to check. I even replaced all the attachments with a working backup copy I had. Still no luck. I don't know what could have caused this. There wasn't very much activity on my forums at the time either.
OK that's excatly the error i had when i was running pr2, suddently between an night and another, thumbnails stoped generating.
even though GD is enabled!
so u only have to upload to 1.03 , coz that was the only thing that solved the issue.and still after that, all old attachment should have fixed, by manually making a urattname.att.jpg with size of 60x60 , so u can get tumbnails for them.

regards
I updated to 1.03 and still no attachments. Sad
the old will remain, but try to upload new images, they will appear.

regards
I still don't understand where the attachments went. How come I can't restore them with a raw backup I made? Where did they go.. what caused them to go there, and how can I avoid this from happening again?
Pages: 1 2