MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email for every new thread/post to all users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to send automaticly emails for every thread or post created to a group of members or even to all members? (without asking the users to subscribe)

Thank you
You'd need a plugin or code modification. You can subscribe to all forums to get alerts of new threads but you have to subscribe to threads by manually subscribing or posting in them, there's no option to automatically get emails. Not recommended you do it either as you could end up sending thousands of emails per hour, and your host probably won't like that, precisely why it's not in MyBB.
My forum is new, so at the moment the number of emails is small.
Can you post a link for a plugin or code modification that can do what I want?

Thank you
I am not sure if this is what your looking for?

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-515...ption+Mode
(2010-03-02, 08:51 PM)erandi Wrote: [ -> ]My forum is new, so at the moment the number of emails is small.

Even so, IMHO that isn't something you should be 'forcing" upon your forum members!!

Edited to add : If your forum is so small now, at what point do you stop doing this?
I would never register on that forum even if it sends me one email per day.
Yes you'd have to make it very clear to them how to stop them otherwise you'll be breaking the law.
WOW, ppl, easy Smile
my forum is a school proiect, at the moment it is used a yohoo group. Yahoo group sends an email to all joined members to a group for each update done in that group. I want this option too.
My forum will not be that "big" to send hundreds of emails per day :p

I will check out the link posted

thank you