MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i move a post to another Thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a mod or something? Or Pls add this function to 1.4.12.
It's very useful.
This isn't the sort of thing we'd add in a release like 1.4.12. To do this you need to split the post from the thread so it's in it's own thread, then merge that thread with the destination thread.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Smile

edit. Just 1 more problem. When i split the post and merge with the other thread, the other thread's name is change with the split thread's name.
(2010-03-02, 09:14 PM)Valaki Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks for the reply. Smile

edit. Just 1 more problem. When i split the post and merge with the other thread, the other thread's name is change with the split thread's name.

I have just found that out myself, had to rename the thread. Also the original thread that the post was merged to, loses all its views count, something not right there.

An ability to cut and paste a single post into another thread like we had with our previous forum software would not only be an easier option but simple to use and save all the messing around of having to go back into the thread after to rename it and remove the [split] parts, plus the mess that it can create by messing up the thread you want to move the post into?
You know there is a box on the page where you split it to change the title...?? If you want to change it, change it here, if you don't want it to say [split], remove it here...

I know it isn't necessarily the most elegant solution, but you just need to copy the title of the destination thread, select the posts to split, choose the mod option to split, paste the name of the destination thread in the box, and then merge the two threads with the same name. No need to rename or remove anything after that.
Thanks for quick reply Matt, yes have just seen and tested and like you said you do have a bit of messing around to do by going into the thread to get the correct name to copy and paste to rename it into the box.

A simple cut and paste option (modification) would surly be an easier option? as all you would be doing is selecting the post to be moved, cutting it. Then going to the new thread and selecting paste. For this no messing around renaming etc.

Although the way it is done at the moment do not bother me or a few other moderators on our forum for a few other it does confuse them so for the sake of less computer minded moderators and some admins maybe in the future an easier option is needed? I am sure other sites have the same problems.
Well I'm totally confused. Now I have 4 totally different threads (all with the same name) with one post in each that I want combining into one thread, with four different posts!
Is this asking too much? I seem to remember being able to do it before in the older version of myBB.