MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass PM - MySQL Error 1064.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error whenever I try to send a Mass PM to my users.
-Mass Emails work fine, but not the Mass PM for whatever reason.

Any quick fixes?

Thanks. Smile
Could you post the exact error message?
Sure, but it has the PM message I want to send inside the error message, so it may look a bit jumbled or whatnot.

mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't want to give up on this message board yet, so if you're one of those people th' at line 1
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_privatemessages(uid,toid,fromid,folder,subject,message,dateline,status,receipt) VALUES('1','1','1','1','User Activity...','Hello, Jed. We really don't want to give up on this message board yet, so if you're one of those people that signed up and posted a decent amount in the beginning before suddenly disappearing (pretty much everyone), we'd really like to see you back a bit more regularly. Even a single post here and there every now and then would be appreciated to help keep things going. Thanks. :)','1139270106','0','no');
Cheers.
What version of MyBB are you using?
The very newest with all updates done up to MyBB 1.03
Yeah, I saw that, but that guy's problem was in version 1.0 (and so was the file that Christ posted), so I was unsure if it'd still be ok to use for version 1.03.
-You're sure it's still ok to use?

Chris also said in his post that he'd fixed the problem for the next versions... yet it isn't fixed. Sad
Versions 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 address security vulnerabilities, and don't necessarily fix the bugs that have been marked as [F] on the bug reports forum.

You can use a program such as Winmerge to see the differences between the admin/users.php file you have and the one provided by Chris, and then correct your file accordingly.
Thanks for the Winmerge suggestion.
-Didn't know about it, and it made file comparison very easy.
...only one small line of code was different/added, so I went ahead and uploaded it.

It works fine now.

Cheers. Smile
Yeah I didn't think there would be many changes, since the file revision was the same, and the file hasn't been patched from 1.00-1.03