MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribed Thread email not received
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the last few months I have had a few members report that they are not receiving any Subscribed Thread email notifications. There settings in User CP are correct and have checked junk mails and all those type of things

Any suggestions?
Do all other board emails work correctly?

Also take a look at this: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mail
Hi Tim, thanks, I just did the email test and it worked fine for me Smile

Mail was sent by PHP and received ok Smile

The members are reporting that they get no email notifications from the forum
The fact that you received that email ok suggests that there are no problems with mail coming from your website so the problem is at the users end, most likely in the form of a firewall or spam filter catching the messages by mistake. Try using SMTP to send mail if your not already as this sometimes helps, also what email address was that test email address from? Sometimes the from address is modified by the mail server which triggers some spam filters.
ok thanks for detailed the advice, I will pass this on, the email was from

[email protected] of the server.com

Which did actually go to my spam filter
(2010-03-03, 10:43 AM)GFN Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks for detailed the advice, I will pass this on, the email was from

[email protected] of the server.com

Which did actually go to my spam filter

I would suggest changing that nobody to webmaster or the name of your forum.
[email protected] is an excellent way to set it IMO.
Sounds good but how do I do that, do I need to get the host tech to do that or is there a setting in ACP?
(2010-03-03, 10:49 AM)GFN Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good but how do I do that, do I need to get the host tech to do that or is there a setting in ACP?

Did you try the smtp like TimB suggested? Thats more important.
Not yet, I will need to research the smtp settings, it looks complicated Big Grin
Your mail server is probably changing the from header to that email which is causing it, using SMTP will send from your regular email accounts mail servers, you use the same details as if you were using a mail client.