MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fading Posts.. Ajax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to see more ajax, and more options to see posts fade in/out.

For example, you could have 30 posts per thread
(have the number of posts per thread configurable), the oldest ones being faded out.

However, as you scroll down and hover close to them, the posts could fade in.

This would make it tidier, and less "clicks for the user"
It would also increase the amount of content per page.

I doubt everyone would want this, so making it optional would be great.
Umm, defiantly not needed. If you really want this you can add it to your theme is it's only a them change.
I've seen that somewhere I think. And I hated it. Too distracting, and useless.
As NetSage said, add it to your own theme if you want it so badly.
Firstly, that is not AJAX, I can't see that any asynchronous XMLHttpRequests being required in that system.

Secondly LiteBulletin, a MyBB fork, has something like that (example here) and I find it very annoying, your going to read it any way so it just slows down reading threads while it fades in again.

By less clicks for the user, it doesn't take any clicks to scroll down a thread?
(2010-03-03, 10:30 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, that is not AJAX, I can't see that any asynchronous XMLHttpRequests being required in that system.

Secondly LiteBulletin, a MyBB fork, has something like that (example here) and I find it very annoying, your going to read it any way so it just slows down reading threads while it fades in again.

By less clicks for the user, it doesn't take any clicks to scroll down a thread?

Agreed, and when you scroll you have to reposition your mouse to get it to fade in again.