MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts and PMs contain "undefined"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having some weird issues. My site was running perfectly and then this started happening all of a sudden. No changes or upgrades took place.

When posting or sending PMs, the body contains only the text "undefined". A peek at the database shows that the text string "undefined" is actually being written there so this isn't a display issue.

I tried disabling the Akismet plugin (the only posting plugin I have) and that didn't solve the issue.

The Quick Reply button also doesn't appear to be working now. I have to preview and then post from there.

MyBB 1.4.8
http://www.windowsscript.com/forums/

Test user: mybb_user
Password: mybb148

Any suggestions?

I also tried upgrading to version 1.4.11 but it resulted in a completely destroyed DB so I reverted back to the broken 1.4.8.
Please upgrade your forum. There are many bugs and security fixes since 1.4.8. Until you have upgraded we cannot be sure this isn't a previous bug.
If upgrading 'destroyed' your DB you would have done something wrong. Upload the full 1.4.11 package over current files, run upgrade script, choose 1.4.8.
I just tried it again. I copied the files from the 1.4.11 download over top of my installation and ran the /install/upgrade.php script. I chose the first options which lists several versions, including 1.4.8.

It wrecked my database again. Everything appears fine on the surface, but attempting to post results in errors. See the attached image.
Disable your plugins first, something is interfering, there's nothing wrong with the upgrade script itself. The upgrade script doesn't even query the forums table so there's no way the upgrade script is generating that query. Where exactly do you see that??
(2010-03-04, 09:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Disable your plugins first, something is interfering, there's nothing wrong with the upgrade script itself.
I haven't tried disabling plugins first. I'll give that a shot. But the upgrade script does appear to have issues. It displays include errors when it loads (the path reference contains too many forward slashes) and it doesn't appear to perform half of the steps involved. It says 0 of 0 changes when synchronizing.
(2010-03-04, 09:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The upgrade script doesn't even query the forums table so there's no way the upgrade script is generating that query. Where exactly do you see that??
The upgrade isn't. This is what happens when attempting to post AFTER the upgrade process. The 1.4.11 installation generates these errors for nearly every DB procedure.
This is all the upgrade script contains:

$upgrade_detail = array(
	"revert_all_templates" => 0,
	"revert_all_themes" => 0,
	"revert_all_settings" => 0
);

@set_time_limit(0);

If there's include errors, you're missing files. You're the only person to say there's include errors in the upgrader so I really don't think it's a global issue. If it contains forward slashes, it's probably because your host has PHP 5.3 and has magic quotes enabled. 0 out of 0 is perfectly fine as there are 0 things to update. If you're getting this, it will be a plugin, if you can list them, we might be able to find out which one is doing it.
If you were 1.4.8 you may have been hacked.
(2010-03-04, 09:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's not an issue in the upgrade script. This is all the upgrade script contains:

$upgrade_detail = array(
	"revert_all_templates" => 0,
	"revert_all_themes" => 0,
	"revert_all_settings" => 0
);

@set_time_limit(0);

There's nothing about forums there. If there's include errors, you're missing files. You're the only person to say there's include errors in the upgrader so I really don't think it's a global issue. If it contains forward slashes, it's probably because your host has PHP 5.3 and has magic quotes enabled. 0 out of 0 is perfectly fine as there are 0 things to update. If you're getting this, it will be a plugin, if you can list them, we might be able to find out which one is doing it.
According to php_info(), my server is running PHP 5.2.12 with Magic Quotes disabled.

The error mentioned in the file does exists, but the file path is not correct. I attached a screenshot of the upgrade script with error.

Here is my current plugin list:
Advanced Show IP (1.0) Deactivated
BB GeSHi (1.0) Activated
NoFollow Website Links (1.0) Activated
Registration Checkboxes Plugin (1.0) Activated
Admin Post Edit (1.0) Activated
Ajax Private Message Notification (1.5 Beta) Activated
Akismet (1.2.1) Activated
Calender Warner (1.1) Activated
Default Profile (2.1.0) Activated
Downloads Manager (1.2.1) Activated
Dynamic Metas (1.1) Activated
MyBB eCellular (1.1.2) Deactivated
Fieldset MYcode (1.1) Activated
Forum stats in profile (2.0) Activated
Google SEO (1.1.5) Activated
Google MyCode (1.1.0) Activated
Hello World! (1.0) Deactivated
HexBox Plugin! (0.2) Activated
Developer-Tool: Hook-Finder (1.2) Activated
Image Align - Right myCode (0.1) Activated
MyCode Plugin: Internal Linking (1.0) Activated
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home (1.0) Activated
Light Box (1.0) Deactivated
Locked Thread Quick Reply Warning (1.0) Activated
Mini SQL (1.0) Activated
Modnotice (1.2.3) Activated
Mod User Notes (1.1) Activated
My Question (1.3) Activated
myUserTitle Plugin! (0.5) Activated
Permission Box For MyBB 1.4 (1.00) Activated
Plugin Editor (1.0) Activated
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1) Activated
Post-URL Mod (1.1) Activated
reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.0) Activated
Reported Posts Message (1.0) Activated
Reputation Manager (1.2) Activated
Resend Activation Code (2.0) Activated
Restricted private messages (2.0) Activated
RSS To Post (1.2.2) Activated
Minimum of posts to be able to create signatures. (1.0) Activated
Spoiler BBCode (1.4) Activated
Thread Tooltip Preview (1.12) Activated
Trackback For Your Forum (1.0) Activated
Unanswered Posts (1.0) Activated
User Info Plugin (1.0 "Golden Goose") Activated
Unread PM Notification (1.0.4) Activated
Dynamic Metas will be the one doing it. Someone the other day had this error and that plugin was the cause.
Pages: 1 2