MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked myself out of admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Been a bit of a chump, I was following a guide on here http://mattrogowski.co.uk/2009/06/24/myb...en-hacked/

I made a user group, set "can access admin" to on, then I turned off this feature for "Administrators", now off course, I haven't got any users in the group I created, so I don't have any admin access.

I'm guessing I'm going to need to run some sql now..

Any ideas?

Regards,
George.
Go into PHPMyAdmin --> Your MyBB Database --> mybb_users --> Edit the row for your user (usually uid 1) --> Change user group to 4.
If you did it in the order explained there you wouldn't have had a problem.

Quote:First, register a new account. Then, create a new usergroup, and give it ACP access, give the username the same style as normal registered members, and put the new user into that group; this will be the account you use to administrate your forum. Now, remove the ACP access from the standard administrator usergroup.

Make new user, make new group with ACP access, put user in group, then remove ACP rights from admin group.

And you'd need to change your usergroup to the new usergroup as that's the one with ACP access, they're already in group 4, they've just removed ACP access from it.
(2010-03-04, 08:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you did it in the order explained there you wouldn't have had a problem.

Quote:First, register a new account. Then, create a new usergroup, and give it ACP access, give the username the same style as normal registered members, and put the new user into that group; this will be the account you use to administrate your forum. Now, remove the ACP access from the standard administrator usergroup.

Make new user, make new group with ACP access, put user in group, then remove ACP rights from admin group.

And you'd need to change your usergroup to the new usergroup as that's the one with ACP access, they're already in group 4, they've just removed ACP access from it.

How can he make a usergroup without ACP access?

+1 to Polar's idea.

Edit: Wow, apologies, must have read it wrong the first time Smile
Yes, make the new group and new user and put them in the new group first, and then demote yourself.
Ok, thanks, but I can't access the acp as admin group has no admin cp access.

Going to need to use phpMyAdmin to fix it..

No groups have admin access... I completely messed up...

Any ideas how to fix?

Regards,
George.
You'll have to create a group in PHPMyAdmin with admin rights then set your usergroup to that group ID.
Don't try and create groups via phpMyAdmin, you won't be able to do anything with it because usergroups are cached, so it won't work, no point in doing that when you can use what's already there.

You said in your first post you made a new group and gave it admin access so just put your account into that group. If what you said there in fact isn't true, then do this:

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups';

Then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > usergroups > Rebuild Cache.

And also try and make sure you explain the problem clearly, first you said you gave the new group ACP access, then you said you didn't... hard to know what to say.
Sorry, I'm all over the place, the group I made has admin privelleges, other group doesn't.

I just ran that sql query you gave me, no luck.

It's a test account in the group I made, can't login to acp at all now...

Here is a screenshot...

[Image: 2wlsfgw.png]

Any ideas, totally confused...

can I give you cpanel access?
Sleepy Right, what is the ID of the group you gave admin access to?? If those queries didn't work either you did something wrong or you've changed more than you've said. From what you've said the only thing you've changed is the ability for the admin group to access the ACP, so giving that access back and deleting the cache will set everything back to how it was before you started. If this test account was never in the admin group then those queries wouldn't affect it... yeah just PM me cPanel access and I'll fix it.
Pages: 1 2