MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eForums (Review, Opinion & Suggestions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Also it's not a wise idea to hide forums from guests because it will hurt your SEO pretty badly and now you are implying the guests HAVE to register which is for me is pushing someone into something they might not want to do. If you look at all the big boards you will notice that they don't hide anything.
Hello Bob Jansen,

I do agree with you, however, if people don't have to register, what will make them register and become active?

Regards,
George.
Entice them with content?
Yeah, seriously. You shouldn't force people to register like that because if they do, they'll notice it's way less active and won't bother posting.
Want to know what i do to register only sites with no posts, for real? I look, and wait, for a hint of warez, and then flag it. Its fun. Because its just stupid to hide a lack of content.
Hello,

I've taken everyones opinions on board, there is no warez, it's all content posted 100% myself and from my users. Now 25 members, slowly growing. Buying a .com domain soon.

Please review: eforums.co.cc

Regards,
George.
You really should make everything public. People shouldn't be forced to register but should register if they're only interested and really want to join the community. Just because your force someone to something doesn't mean they will do it. People will just register and still leech of without posting at all.

Having everything open is better because it looks more professional and you will get more traffic = more people = more potential members.
(2010-03-26, 08:21 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You really should make everything public. People shouldn't be forced to register but should register if they're only interested and really want to join the community. Just because your force someone to something doesn't mean they will do it. People will just register and still leech of without posting at all.

Having everything open is better because it looks more professional and you will get more traffic = more people = more potential members.

Agreed Toungue
(2010-03-26, 11:40 PM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-26, 08:21 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You really should make everything public. People shouldn't be forced to register but should register if they're only interested and really want to join the community. Just because your force someone to something doesn't mean they will do it. People will just register and still leech of without posting at all.

Agreed Toungue

agreed again.
(2010-03-27, 02:02 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-26, 11:40 PM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed Toungue

agreed again.
Triple agree?
Pages: 1 2 3 4