MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Forum from one MyBB to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an easy method to pulling one Mybboard forum (One Category or Forum with all its threads) on one server, and move it over to another Mybboard forum on another server? I had a temporary project team working on my own site, but now they have their own up, and I would like to move it over in a perfect world, if not for achieve purposes at the very least.
I am not a Database expert, but I think you might be able to download the forum from the database. I am not sure though.
Backup database, copy files across, import backup to a new database on new host, edit ./inc/config.php to point to new database. Is the domain changing too??
I think he said that he wants just one single board (one forum, such as MyBB 1.4 General Support here) to go to another site.
So he did. It's physically possible but I doubt it'd work without any problems. You'd have to make sure there were no conflicting IDs, and that the authors of everything in that forum matched a user on the new forum... how many threads are in the forum??
Only 26. I don't even need users to match up. Just would like it for archive purposes while still being able to delete the original from the site its on now.
If its a new forum i guess you could use the existing database with the 26 threads and then work off that.
What i mean is fresh install. Then import database and then wallah. Done. But i expect this not to be the case?
I assume you have an existing forum and want to add to it.
Perhaps offer a member some sort of incentive to copy paste all 26 threads to your forum and give him VIP or whatever you offer?? Given you dont care about author or whatever this may actually work?
Dunno im just the village idiot who likes to offer advice when he clearly has none.
The simplest thing to do would be to craft a custom db export of just what you want. Or to run a convert script I'd make for you Smile

Using a convert script would even keep the forum ID from conflicting.

Let me know, I'm too tired to write it right now, and I'm busy all day. However I could probably do it tomorrow. Say around Noon Wednesday March 10th Eastern Time.