MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Help Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought I would share my website with everyone who bothers to read this thread. The site is www.thehelpforums.net. I was wondering what you think I could do to improve it. Please don't say things about replacing the theme. If you would like to point out something specific about the theme though, I would be happy hear it!

www.thehelpforums.net
I like that banner scroll thingy at the bottom of your forum. Do you mind sharing how you did that? Toungue
Finally you're back.
(2010-03-06, 06:57 AM)Serenity278 Wrote: [ -> ]I like that banner scroll thingy at the bottom of your forum. Do you mind sharing how you did that? Toungue
It is a plugin from www.mybbsource.com
(2010-03-06, 07:10 AM)iPod15 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally you're back.
Could you explain?
The marquee he uses doesn't require a plugin. It's simple html code. Marquee is however not XHTML compliant so his site won't validate. The use of marquee is lame anyways.

The site imho is unattractive and has an amatuerish quality.

You also copied descriptions directly from my site Support Forums. Which is of course just one reason out of many why you're banned on my sites.

Maybe it's time I send a C&D to your host.
Your back! After that hosting error Toungue.

I would change the link colour, doesn't look right.
As labrocca said, there's a resemblance to SF.net that's more than coincidental.

Try to start a forum with an idea that hasn't been done yet.
Also, get rid of that "Ads by tnt996" thing on your affiliate banners. It looks really dumb.
(2010-03-06, 09:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You also copied descriptions directly from my site

Maybe it's time I send a C&D to your host.

Lets not get hasty now. I'll edit them.
(2010-03-06, 09:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You also copied descriptions directly from my site.

Whats so wrong with that?

Anyhow, I think your forum is looking good, the only thing I suggest is a more attractive logo and maybe a few touch ups such as lightening the menu links. Oh and maybe change your bg image. Good luck!
(2010-03-07, 12:41 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-06, 09:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You also copied descriptions directly from my site.

Whats so wrong with that?

It's stealing...
Pages: 1 2 3