MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you upgrade MyBB without losing the data? Huh
[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

You won't lose any data unless you run the install script. What are you upgrading from??
My admin panel is saying : You are currently running MyBB 1.4.8 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.4.11 (1411).
Backup your database, download 1.4.11, upload the entire thing so it overwrites your current files, go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.8 from the list.
http://forum.my-notepad.biz i took it from another copy on my other server how do i change the username ? to mynotep1_mark
In ./inc/config.php
I've changed it now its saying the table does not exist how do i fix it? and i notice my password is in there no one can see that can they?
No, nobody can see it.

Why have you changed database details...?? You don't need to be doing anything like this to upgrade...
I didnt i logged onto the FtP on a different server copied the files to my laptop then logged onto my other server and uploaded them and its gone all weird. on the new server
So you've changed servers, or...?? Trying to understand what you've done. You never mentioned a change of servers in your first post. You'll need to backup your database on the old host and import it to a database on the new host.
Pages: 1 2