MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum URL: http://hortorian.com/forums/

I've had numerous users complain that when they press the ''last post'' button in a thread, they get an error saying that ''The Specified Thread Does Not Exist''. From what I've been told, this happens when the thread is one page longer than it really is.

A user tested this on Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox on Windows. So far I haven't been able to reproduce it myself, but due to the amount of complaints I'm sure it's genuine.

The best explanation I've received is:

Quote:The last page of a thread (say...22), is full. Say you have it set to display 20 posts per page, so someone just barely posted the 20th post on page 22. Therefore the next page is going to be page 23, so the topic automatically creates a new page, even though the 21st post (for the page) hasn't been made. It basically gets 'ready' to make a new page for the topic. So when you click on last, it goes to a nonexistent post, but an existing page.

So basically something needs to change the 'last' link to actually go to the page before last, IF the second to last page has been filled, but the last page has no posts. It's currently not checking for that, so it tries to display it anyway (despite it not existing).

Can anyone else help me with this? Has anyone else experienced it?
It happens when the counters are wrong.

Admin CP -> Tools -> Recount&Rebuild

If it still occurs after the Recount&Rebuild you'll have to find out what makes the counters go wrong on your forum...
This seems to have exacerbated the problem...
I just clicked a good 30 last post links and every one worked...
(2010-03-07, 12:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I just clicked a good 30 last post links and every one worked...

I also tried and get the same result.