MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Novus Ocean - Missing 1 icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I downloaded and installed 'Novus Ocean' but it has a missing image.

The File postbit_edit.gif (The edit button on threads) is missing.

Does anyone have that icon?

Thanks,

-- James
Someone had a similar problem a while ago. Just so you know, the postbit buttons aren't images but links with CSS. Everything was fine when I tested it but I couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing. Try re-installing the theme.
I had the same problem. It was originated from a plugin called Modnotice.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/modnotice-v12-mybb-14
Yeah I have modnotice on my board.... So how did it magically lose an icon?
Thanks Jorgo for pointing that out. I can finally replicate this situation.

(2010-03-14, 03:00 PM)jamesking56 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I have modnotice on my board.... So how did it magically lose an icon?

What I found was that the plugin edits the Postbit Edit button to see if the user is a moderator. Long story short, I'm going to have to use images for Novus instead of styled links.
(2010-03-14, 04:18 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Jorgo for pointing that out. I can finally replicate this situation.

(2010-03-14, 03:00 PM)jamesking56 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I have modnotice on my board.... So how did it magically lose an icon?

What I found was that the plugin edits the Postbit Edit button to see if the user is a moderator. Long story short, I'm going to have to use images for Novus instead of styled links.
Bummer because I am working on CSS buttons too for my theme Sad.
(2010-03-14, 04:23 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer because I am working on CSS buttons too for my theme Sad.

They're awesome because they're just links. If only there was some way I could make them work.
Please don't use images because for only one plugin. Moderators should be able to write an PM to inform the users that they have edited something ...