MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dice Rolling Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now I know that Labrocca already has a dice rolling plugin, however I am looking for a modified one. Having asked Labrocca and been advised he is too busy I thought I would ask if someone can create / modify one for me.

I would like to note I would pay a reasonable fee for this. If you would do discuss this please send me an email at mrandmrsgoth[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot[uk]

Basically I want it to work like the current plugin but with the following differences:

When you click the option to roll the dice, and then click post, either a popup or divert to a new page with the following options:

Roll How Many Dice - The user can enter a figure in here. There should be an option to cap this limit in the Admin CP configuration.
Separately or Combined - Basically this means the rolled values being added together, or are the dice rolls all individual.
Roll Required - For this value a user can enter a number followed by a + or a - to represent whether the value is under or over. For example entering 4+ would mean that rolls of 4 or more are required. 4- would mean that a roll of 4 or less is required.

Once these are entered the person can then carry on, and the dice appear in the postbit as per Labroccas (so they can't be edited). The dice that pass the specified the roll have their dots in green. Those that fail have their dots in red.

Finally in the actual thread a summary is made, something like:

15 dice are rolled (separately), 4 or more is required:
6 pass
9 fail

or

3 dice are rolled (combined) 12 or more is required:
6+6+1 = 13 Pass

I know this may sounds complicated for something so simple, but for what it is planned to be used for it would be well worth it.

So if someone wants to do it please let me know.
Sounds like a type of yatzee gambling game.
No nothing like that. It's actually to play Warhammer online, much like they do here:

http://www.asrai.org/viewforum.php?f=30

However they link to an external dice rolling system where they can modify the dice rolls, hence cheating could be very simple.

Are you sure you can't do it Labrocca - I have cash!! Smile
And you want this all as part of posts?
Yes basically, once the person as selected the variables, the post that pops up has the dice in the postbit like you currently have - with the colour coded dots to easily see which were pass or fail if people want to double check.

Then have the summary added to the actual post content itself. Even though that could be edited, players would be able to verify if they wanted by checking the dice.

So will you do it - I would be eternally grateful Smile .......though of course I assume you will appreciate the money even more!
So is that a yay or a nay Labrocca. *fingers crossed for yay*

If not does no one else want to earn some cash for is no doubt to someone who is skilled in this area a simple plugin? I can pay via Paypal for nice and easy payment.
I could create this for you, provided you have images of the dice if you want actual images (Not very good with photoshop). This wouldn't be to hard, pm me and we can work out the details. For some examples of my work, look in my signature.
Jammerx2 - Thank you so much.

I will send you a PM shortly.
Ok, I am working on it now. I will keep you updated on my progress.
Hi,

I really need help.

Jammerx2 managed to partially complete my plugin request, however he could not fully complete it.

The plugin is about 90% ready, it has a bug and one more functionality, so not that much work, but I don't have the skills to finish it.

Can anyone please help me? I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for someone to fix and complete it.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3