MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird question about registering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
wait i will test it here

ciao

well i tried it here!! just did the sec step i told u about, and the member was registred as an adminstrator GID 4 , just as i assigned it
so make sure u are visiting the new file! and let's just use the last post a posted.
regards
zaher1988 Wrote:well the easiest thing to do , is make a copy of member.php ,

inside it search for.

if($mybb->settings['regtype'] == "verify" || $mybb->settings['regtype'] == "admin")
	{
		$usergroup = 5;
	}
	else
	{
		$usergroup = 2;
	}

make the usergroup as the one u want, so u will have to make a new group, make special permissions for the, and then put its gid in this code.

regards

So, I should this reset to default, and use the second post? ^o)
not the one u have quoted, the one in post #9

yes reset to default then use post #9

regards
Just did that, still doesn't work here. :s
are u sure u are opening the new file ??
coz it worked for me
regards
Yes.
If you like to, I'll send you the new file.
yes pls

and and a screen shot for mybb_usergroups where the new group appears

ok i found it!!
it's because of the renamed file!!
the proccess is always using member.php after u submit.
so if u edit member.php it will work, but making a new file doesnt
what u can do is umm i dont know it will seem not professional but as long i have no time to search for the output after the submit buttom, the best solution will be as following.
make a subdirectory.
install a new mybb!! after installing it , edit config.php and ask it to use ur existing data base , the one u are using now!! now delete all ineeded files, but make sure to keep member.php global.php ./inc ./admin. then edit this member.php!! as mentioned but also add one step
find
redirect("index.php", $lang->redirect_registered);
, change the index.php to site u are intending to let them use.

and use it !! so member will signup here , but as they are registred in the other board. and as u have removed all interfacing files, such as index and forumdisplay etc...they will only use member.php

regards
thanks!!!

I'll do it later, got many schoolwork:o
So we can go and say that this is a very complicated thing right? LOL Because I was going to try it but I am not going to mess up my forum.
If you're using the same member_register template, you have to change the action URL from member.php to member2.php via a variable. For example, instead of action="member.php" have action="$formpage" and inside member.php and member2.php, before the member_register template is eval()'ed, add in $formpage = 'member.php'; or member2.php.
Pages: 1 2