MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin it to be able to chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ozidave Wrote:It's interesting that you mention this type of application... Because back in the MSDOS days there were a couple of DOS-Based forums that offered this. Don't know about today, but it used to throw an applet in your face with something like "EB want to chat" Y/N... Lol

Showing my age....... Toungue

Yesh me too! I am blushing Cool

EB
EuroBEAT Wrote:
Ozidave Wrote:But you would need cgi-bin on your server..

Thanks Bud, I do have cgi-bin ability so if you will find it, I will be grateful.

Tx

EB

I spun it up at my home site to test it.. Themed it with MyBB and kicked a few .cgi files out in place of html / php, don't know if it will be fully compatible with MyBB though as the .cgi engine would have to be scrapped.

Far above me I afraid. Wink

But it's there if you want to have a look at it. Toungue

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=6250

All you need is to create a channel on an IRC server. I use goodchatting.com.
Masahiro Wrote:All you need is to create a channel on an IRC server. I use goodchatting.com.

I am aware of this plugin but it is not what I was requesting. I didn't mean to have chat function between user but rather "help" chat when I can chat with the user. I explained, that for instance user is on line and sees that I am on line too, he would page me and we can engage to chat and vice versa.

Thank you

EB
kodaks, is Veronica the one modding that commercial but inexpensive chat you're using? If so, I've got it too, and it works well.
You could use AJAX that would check if someone wanted to talk with you every few seconds, or check for new responces.
laie_techie Wrote:kodaks, is Veronica the one modding that commercial but inexpensive chat you're using? If so, I've got it too, and it works well.
Yes, that is correct.
I also got a copy from Veronica. I tried that chat on her own MyBB forum by chatting with her. I also integrated it with MyBB copy on my server and there wasn't any problem at all. It will be a hotseller whenever it comes out Smile
chiefsaab Wrote:I also got a copy from Veronica. I tried that chat on her own MyBB forum by chatting with her. I also integrated it with MyBB copy on my server and there wasn't any problem at all. It will be a hotseller whenever it comes out Smile

This is very sad for me. You are trying it and I don't have access to it and I need it Smile. Any idea whom I should contact to do some testing in my MyBB?

Tx

EB
Pages: 1 2 3