MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Include Mybb Diagnostics Troubleshooting Tool with MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-47354-page-1.html

Would be a very usefull plugin to have. I think it would also have more use then Askimet.

Just my opinion. Discuss/flame/feedback please.
I totally agree with that. It's really a useful tool, and would help a lot in the support forums.
I certainly think some sort of diagnostics tool should be included by default, yes.
What is it meant to do exactly? Make support easier? I'm somewhat having doubts on that. It's just a dump of settings, the plugin cache and some permissions of various folders.

Just looking at the top few threads in the support forum, at time of writing, none of them would be helped with such information.
It's for common issues pertaining to incorrect cookie URLs, problematic plugins, etc.
While there is no chance of this being included with 1.6 as it has been feature complete for a while something like this in 2.0 which can be activated and disactivated might be useful for support.
(2010-03-09, 01:05 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's for common issues pertaining to incorrect cookie URLs, problematic plugins, etc.
So basically, you change support responses from "What plugins do you have installed?" to "Please post the output of the diagnostics section"?
Or if they properly start putting board URL, we could go ourselves.
(2010-03-09, 02:00 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Or if they properly start putting board URL, we could go ourselves.
If they can't post a board URL, I have little confidence that they have the ability to pass the board URL along to potential users of their forum.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that forum administrators should at least have basic computer skills.
(2010-03-09, 02:09 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-09, 02:00 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Or if they properly start putting board URL, we could go ourselves.
If they can't post a board URL, I have little confidence that they have the ability to pass the board URL along to potential users of their forum.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that forum administrators should at least have basic computer skills.

Some don't, and can run semi successful sites.
Pages: 1 2