MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation and default theme !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Helo,

Separate forum activation from emai activation. If a user activated his email then he can use forum email features.

I suggest making enhanced default theme, others made high q default themes.

*I would like it*
Umm, can you be a little more detailed?

And, you aren't meant to use the default theme. It's just meant to give an example.
The theme is being changed for 2.0, not before then.
more details about what, about activation or about default theme.

I it clear, if I want to enable instance activation without email activation and let user signup with out email, If he signed up with an email then he needs to verify it, like in paypal. this will prevent spamming, I've got a lot of complains about span because I used instance activation. the made a mod to some pages and query in db to see if the email is verified to stop spams. but that didn't help because that will effect on sending emails if the user request activation code.

I mean by default them, this theme used in this forum. look at vb4,phpbb3. they made a big step in forum features like built it CMS,blog, library and design.

bytheway can I get the blog system that is used in this forum?
Is there a library addon for images, sounds, video from youtube,.... for mybb forum?

Thanks for you time,
(2010-03-08, 10:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The theme is being changed for 2.0, not before then.

Thanks,

aha, okay then we should wait. when v2.0 will be available?

Regards,
(2010-03-08, 10:06 PM)webstar Wrote: [ -> ]I mean by default them, this theme used in this forum. look at vb4,phpbb3. they made a big step in forum features like built it CMS,blog, library and design.

Yes, and they were bigger version jumps. phpBB2 > phpBB3 and vB3 > vB4 were bigger jumps than MyBB 1.4 > 1.6. The theme we use here is what comes in the package and that won't change.