MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Everytime I try to go to my forum I get this error message: "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

I have another forum on the same server but I took out the locked file and I made permissions good. Any ideas?
URL to your forum?

Details of what you did prior to the error?
Anything in the error log??
Can you also try renaming your .htaccess file to htaccess.txt
Hi! I have the same error message when I attempt to access my forum.

- "htaccess" was already named "htaccess.txt"
- My host error log states "File does not exist"
- The /install directory has been removed. (That's the only change since installation.)
- All CHMOD perms are correct per the Installation Guide

This is a brand new installation of 1.4.13. It installed without errors to my linux-based host. (And no, they will not help me with any problems related to third-party software. Cool)

Thanks for any help!
What does it say doesn't exist?? Little we can suggest with a 500 really, it's a very generic error.
(2010-06-02, 08:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]...really, it's a very generic error.

Indeed, and the file isn't specified in the log. However, there is just one log error each time I try to access. What's the first file myBB loads?
(2010-06-02, 08:30 PM)Ishtar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I have the same error message when I attempt to access my forum at www.bopmud.com/forum

SMF forum? Huh
(2010-06-03, 09:40 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-02, 08:30 PM)Ishtar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I have the same error message when I attempt to access my forum at www.bopmud.com/forum

SMF forum? Huh

Sleepy Yepp Sad Sorry but we only give support for MyBB on the MyBB forums Wink

--Conor
Wasn't his thread anyway but may as well close this.
Pages: 1 2