MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i Move mybb to a new host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there im stuggling to find how to move mybb to a new host? What are the steps i need to take, i havent set up my new host yet but i need to know if i need to export/ backup any files first

Thanks
Yes, you do, that's how you transfer them... change your Board URL and cookie settings if your URL will be changing, backup our database, backup your files, make a new database on the new host, import your backup to it, upload your files, edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.
(2010-03-09, 08:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you do, that's how you transfer them... change your Board URL and cookie settings if your URL will be changing, backup our database, backup your files, make a new database on the new host, import your backup to it, upload your files, edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.

Hello,

I'm in the middle of a mybb forum move from one server to another one. Everything appeared to run fine, file backup, database backup, everything imported to the new server, but now when i try to access the forum, the browser want to download a file.
Usually this happens when PHP support is not enabled in Apache, but now I have other websites running on the same server and those are not having any issue with .php files.

Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks
Hi nameless guy,

It's possible that your host has set up apache to work with php but that you have to explicitly enable php for every website (or virtual host if you want to get technical).

Go into the control panel of your host or contact their support to find out if my guess is true.

In de future please sign your posts with your name under it. It looks a bit more personal.

Good luck with the setup.