MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CustomMyBB Themes Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been so impressed with the MyBB script that I decided to create a new forum for custom themes.

I have created a highly customised theme for this forum that will not be to everyone's taste but was more an exercise in showing how the forum script could be used to create a whole site.

I think that, at present, around 80% of the templates have been edited and I still have some more to finish.

I will also be creating some free MyBB themes that will be available for instant download at the forum.

Please give the site a visit at CustomMyBB.com

Once logged in the "login panel" disappears.

Great to be a member of this community and I hope that I can contribute.
Why's everything so big?

There's a problem with overlapping too:

[attachment=17564]
way to practically steal my site's name -.-
(2010-03-09, 11:16 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]way to practically steal my site's name -.-

With respect Lyndon, I had no idea that your site even existed when i registered the name.
(2010-03-09, 11:09 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Why's everything so big?

AJS,
What browser are you running?
No overlapping in any of the browsers I tested on.

Oh and the reason the style is big is that is the current trend.
Take a look at some modern css design sites and you will see what I mean, most people have large screens now days.
(2010-03-09, 11:23 PM)v7web Wrote: [ -> ]AJS,

Take a look at some modern css design sites and you will see what I mean, most people have large screens now days.

The latest version of Firefox. I've just looked using IE and it's even worse.

That's with a 1024x768 resolution (which about 30% of people still use). I guess your site is geared towards higher resolutions but it should still work for lower resolutions.
Not coming from a competition stand point, this could be bad for you, as we have similar site names. People could think they're going to you when they type in the address but they might stumble onto me. As mine has one 'm' not 2.

From a business stand point, this makes me more competitive.
It would only be bad for the person who releases less and and less desirable themes.

Good luck on your forum, looks nice.
(2010-03-09, 11:32 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-09, 11:23 PM)v7web Wrote: [ -> ]AJS,

The latest version of Firefox. I've just looked using IE and it's even worse.

That's with a 1024x768 resolution (which about 30% of people still use). I guess your site is geared towards higher resolutions but it should still work for lower resolutions.

AJS,
Very strange, I just tested the skin on 1024X768 resolution and am not getting any overlay. Have you got your font size increased?
(2010-03-09, 11:38 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]It would only be bad for the person who releases less and and less desirable themes.

Good luck on your forum, looks nice.

Thank you Mark M
I have been a full time vBulletin skin freelancer for 3 years and only recently found MyBB.
Hoping to create some MyBB themes also.
(2010-03-09, 11:09 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Why's everything so big?

AJS,
I just tested the theme right down to 960X600 resolution and I am still getting zero overlapping.
I normally do not bother testing down to that low resolution but thought I would after your comments.
All I can think is that you have screen font sizes not at default.
I like the site design, good luck and glad to see we have a new theme designer.
(2010-03-10, 02:31 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I like the site design, good luck and glad to see we have a new theme designer.

Thanks Zash
Pages: 1 2 3