MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Profile causing Avatar Issues - FIXED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/default-profile

I downloaded this mod and I was told by one of my users that it was not possible to change the avatar from the usercp. I checked with a testuser, and indeed it was not possible to change the avatar.

So I uninstalled.

My forum is quite new, and I only have a few members - but not one of them posted an avatar. I found that odd, so I did some checking - and it seems that the only place I can change avatars from is the adminCP. It's not possible to change the avatar via the user cp anymore.

Things I have checked:

All avatar directories on the server are chmodded to 777
I tried to upload all kinds of avatar files png, jpg, gif, even really tiny ones (like under 10kb when my max avatar size is set at 30kb)- none worked.
I have a few plug ins - one other changes the Profile and that is Profile Comments from the mods area on myBB.

If anyone with a bit more knowledge could help me fix this, that would be great, as I now have a forum with no possibility for a new user to add an avatar....

my forum is www.leefish.nl/mybb/

[attachment=17563]

EDIT: I obviously continued to check, and started to compare my leefish board against another board I run, in the User Registration and Profile Options section of the admin CP I found it. My avatar folder was set to ./uploads/avatars, it should have been uploads/avatars.

I changed it and its all fine now.
Thanks for posting this. I was having the same problem plus the inability to change avatars through the AdminCP.
Your particular fix was not the solution to my situation, but you led me to the right place. In my case, the solution was ./uploads/avatars/
Hello ,
do this plugin compatible with mybb 1.6 ?
Yes it is if you edit it. Remove the 1.4 compatibility and the remember me;

See this post for detail on how to do it