MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I've not seen this problem before.
I've attached two files to a public forum message. One MS Word and One PDF they both appear in the body of the message and as attachments. Their sizes are listed as 195 KB and 245 KB. When I open or save the attachments via Firefox or IE they are empty. Zero KB.
Could I have set my security too tight to prohibit attachment downloads?

I am not sure what to explore.
Version 1.4.11

Thank you.
FYI- I've discovered that all my systems attachments are now orphaned. I will look further into what would cause this to happen.
Go to ACP > Forums & Posts > Attachments > Find Orphaned Attachments > is there an option to rebuild them?? Haven't got any orphaned attachments so can't see what the results would look like.
Thank you Matt.

There appears to be only a Delete selected Orphan option. It looks like most (100) of the attachments are listed as "attached file missing". I've been looking for an upload directory or miss-configuration - no luck yet. I've repair and looked at the MySql database and don't see anything obvious there.

Thank again for your assistance.
I've discovered that my Upload directory was empty. It looks like I made a mistake during the last upgrade to 1.4.11. I've restored the files from backup.

Sorry for the bother.