MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must say doing some reading here why isn't mybb bigger why isn't it more popular,well i can tell you this after being on forums for years and taking the plunge to open my own i was told by several people vb vb vb no one mentioned anything else so after running Vb for a year i get an email saying my life time copy was retracted and i was running illegally!!I called them and i say what are you talking about,they said my copy of vb was being run on three sites 2 of which where warez sites and hacking sites!!I tell them i didn't do it, and told them my website they told me they don't care if it was pirated that it was my problem to stop the users not theirs and after writing emails and begging hosts and more i got these site shut down 4 times and the next day they where reopened finally i gave up and bought another license then i asked a friend what to do he said mybb!!!I have never been happy with a software program as i am here the support the quick answers the mods the community of helpful and friendly people!!Why isn't mybb more popular because everyone promotes vb cause that's all they know like me or they sell you a copy for absurd prices in the mean time I have a lifetime vb license legal now after buying another copy and still under support that i don't use nor will us ever again!!!Thanks mybb Team for a great software for my forums!!
Sorry to hear about the legal issues.

However I'm glad you found mybb Toungue.
Me too! Mybb Kicks lime! Wink
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-65868.html

You just missed this thread. Get in before it gets locked.

Another person frustrated with VB and learning how the move to MyBB was an easy transition.

MyBB...please always stay true to your roots as a strong functional forum software. That's all I ask.
Never liked vbulletin,
front-end is ugly as hell and backend is a pain in the lime.
VB4 is just atrocious. I have to use it on a couple sites now and the learning curve from end-user standpoint makes me want to gag. It's worse than Facebook. WTF happened to being intuitive and simple to use?

Sites should never be complex to navigate or utilize.
What is your VB website called Taz112768?
Wait so, you bought vBulletin again and soon changed to MyBB?

Dang, sorry you had to waste your money twice D:
(2010-03-11, 03:08 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so, you bought vBulletin again and soon changed to MyBB?

Dang, sorry you had to waste your money twice D:

Well i bought Vb again as i had to they blackmailed me blackmailed me basically because they revoked my already paid version for life!!LOL so i bought as not to have any Piracy Issues and then started asking where i could go to get away from !!!I was lead here!!Thanks goodness
LOL Psh, I would've closed it down and immediately began looking for an alternative.
You had a paid license, but revoked, you shouldn't re-buy again just because they're forcing you.

I hate pushy sales people like that.