MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users can not recover their password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have encountered a weird problem in my newly recovered forum: The automatic generated password to recover forgotten password do not allow users to enter the forum.

I tired this several times. To avoid cookie conflict, I tried to recover a user's pwd from a different browser, and even used the directly injecting a 'password' for for that user into the databse (explained #3 here). But still unable to recover the user (which is myself). Any Ideas?
Cheers
Maybe you can set it manually like I did here http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/792 Smile
You know you get two emails when resetting a password, yeah?? The first is a confirmation code, a lot of people think that's the actual new password. There's a link in the first email, you have to click that to confirm that you're resetting it, then you get another one with the new password. If that query doesn't work though then you must be doing something wrong somewhere as that's a pretty standard query.
Thanks guys for your fantastically fast replies.
@FBI: I set loginattempts='0' as you instructed.
@Matt: Yes, I knew that.

At last I downloaded and install 'farsi' language pack for MyBB 1.4. The previous language pack of the forum (I guess for MyBB 1.2) was called 'Persian', which is another name of 'farsi'. I reckon the versioin inconsistency might have been the cause?