MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using PNGs in Themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a feeling this will be answered in 10 minutes and leave me feeling very dumb, but here it goes.
I'm making my own theme, and I've got nice png images to represent the forums having new posts or not. The only problem is that I can't seem to find where I'm supposed to say where these images are - I can't save them as on.gif, off.gif, and offlock.gif, the usual names, because, well, they're not gifs!
Am I missing something really obvious, or should I try and tinker with an htaccess file to get this to work?
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Your templates -> forumbit templates -> forumbit_depth2_forum find:
{$lightbulb['folder']}.gif
Replace with
{$lightbulb['folder']}.png
The on/off/offlock are kinda special, since they're also hardcoded in the JavaScript, the easiest way is to name them .gif even if they are .png, and hope that the browser doesn't care. Another solution would be a redirect off.gif -> off.png in the .htaccess, or a code change in the templates and javascript.
Well, I use filezilla, I renamed the off.png in off.gif and it works (but the image is png Wink)
You can't use png's for on.gif, off.gif, and offlock.gif unless you edit the general.js as well as the templates.

Otherwise clicking the icons to mark as read won't work.
Thanks! I just changed the names in the template, as I assumed that'd be the smartest thing to do. I didn't bother with imagedirectories, as that wasn't working in the first place. Toungue I think...
And I'm off to edit general.js, I think.
Anyway, thanks a lot. Smile