MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to merge data from a backup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so as a couple of you know from my other thread, I accidently deleted one of my more important forums with over 150 threads and 300 posts in it, so I was wondering if it was possible to merge some of the thread data in my 1 & 1/2 week old backup into my current sqlDB.

T.I.A.
Sure, it's possible.

Restore the backup tables as backup_xyz instead of mybb_xyz, then use queries like this:
(not tested but maybe you understand the general idea)

INSERT INTO mybb_forums (SELECT * FROM backup_forums WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));
INSERT INTO mybb_threads (SELECT * FROM backup_threads WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));
INSERT INTO mybb_posts (SELECT * FROM backup_posts WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));

Replace 1,2,3 with the ids of the categories/forums you actually deleted by accident.

Afterwards make sure to go into the Admin CP -> Tools, rebuild all caches and recount all counters. The restored forums and threads should appear then.

I'd advise you to make a backup of what you currently have before attempting this, also make backups more frequently in general.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean... By backing up "Backup_XYZ" do you mean rename the original db I had then import it? Sorry I'm a bit of a n00b at MySQL and phpmyadmin.
Do you mean you want to be able to use the MyBB Merger system to merge data from a foreign board system or previous MyBB board into a new MyBB install? Because in that case you can do what he said but skip the queries.