MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: trying to uninstall reCAPTCHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to remove reCAPTCHA from my board and have removed the plugins from /inc/plugins but the settings panels still show up in Configuration.

[Image: reCAPTCHAsettings.jpg]

You help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Dont you deactivate it and remove it from the .inc/plugins folder on your server?
It is no longer present in my plugins folder.
I am wondering why those two settings options (3 settings and 5 settings) are showing up in the Configuration /Settings window. If its not the plugin, where is it?

When I re-install reCAPTCHA is renders the forums unusable (all the pages turn blank). This lasts until the plugin is removed.
Ahh sorry i misread the thread, I have no idea then mate, sorry Sad

Have you deactivated the plugin?
As far as those little settings panel go in my screenshot, yes, but I am puzzled as to what is drawing them, unless there are some settings stuck in the mysql database that the mybb files are still pulling out.
Is there any files for the plugin in the root folder? or prehaps in the languages folder that you forgot to remove?
none. I have grep'd for them.
The settings are in the database, if you removed the /inc/plugins file do this:
ACP -> Config -> Modify Settings (is at the top) reCAPTCHA configuration -> press options -> Delete Settings
do this for the reCAPTCHA settings group too.
Thank you, that did it!