MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP Authentication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I just switched to MyBB and at looks great, and everything works fine. I have only one small problem: Email verification doesn't work. It's not sending any mail. Not even with test scripts. I checked on the server, and Sendmail is running.
I think it has something to do with the fact, that the server it's running on, uses SMTP Authentication.
I looked into your forums, but i couldn't find anything that helps me out. Is their anyone out there, with the same problem, and found a way do deal with this.

Thanks in advance,

Arthur
i guess to configure a SMTP server you to have access to the PHP configuration (php.ini).

regards
I don't think they let me do that. I already tried with a socketopen command, but that's also not working.

Arthur
You could always try using imap_mail. Try replace the line
mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: $from");
with
imap_mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: $from");
in the file inc/functions.php

The SMTP settings need to be correct in your php.ini file though. The user comments at php.net seem to suggest that it works just like the mail function though *shrug*

You could also try phpmailer. Not sure if your host will have to install it, but from some of the examples, it only needs to be included.
Ok. Thanx. I'm gonna try your suggestions. Wil let you know, if something is working.

Arthur

I've got a mail coming trough with PHPmailer, now finding a way to use this with MyBB.

Arthur
What error are you getting?
In the existing mymail function you should have something like
$mailer = new PHPMailer;
$mailer->mymail($to, $subject, $message, $from);

Not sure exactly what the variables are.
Oke, I give up. Please HELP! Is there anyone out there who used phpmailer with MyBB. I tried a lot of things, but the only thing I got so far, is that I can send a mail with phpmailer and a test script.
What code must I use in the mymail function in functions.php, to use phpmailer with MyBB?
I tried your suggestion Dennis, but I think, that I overlooked something.

Arthur
I downloaded the phpmailer software and tried it but I couldn't remember the details to my server because even imap_open wouldn't work, let alone phpmailer. Sorry Sad