MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hi...Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My url's i used were just for examples...lol...they are not real urls.
(2010-03-15, 03:01 AM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I have to go now, I'll be back in an hour then I'll make a nicely detailed video. Smile So, sorry about this long wait, here are some instructions if you want to try now.

Prepare: Make a new database for your forum.

1. Do what you did for you 1st forum, up until install.
2. Assign your forum to the new database.
3. Make sure it has a different prefix "Mybb_(different)"

There you go! Smile

ok I made a new database...what do I upload my files to from filezilla? and how to i get a nother www.yoursite.com name? can i get 2 from were I get now
Just do what you did for the first forum. Up until the install part, where you put in the different database and table.
I'm unable to upload the video, sorry. Sad I could probably upload it on my forums if you want...
(2010-03-15, 04:11 AM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Just do what you did for the first forum. Up until the install part, where you put in the different database and table.
I'm unable to upload the video, sorry. Sad I could probably upload it on my forums if you want...

sure Smile anywere would be fine...just so I can watch it Smile
Okay, well please click the 'Website Advertisement' link in my signature. Then, go to the Creation forum, click on the thread, and watch the video. Smile
(2010-03-15, 09:36 AM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, well please click the 'Website Advertisement' link in my signature. Then, go to the Creation forum, click on the thread, and watch the video. Smile

thanks a lot...I will let you know how i make out
Okay, if you need anymore help feel free to personal message me. Smile
May I point out you can use the same database so long as you use different prefixes.
Yeah, I was told differently after my forums were combined. How naive I was back 3 days ago. Toungue Seriously though, never use the same prefix, it will combine your forums. Not good. :s
Pages: 1 2