MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big Problem in New installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Im installing a forum in a HostGator host but when Im on the installer the installation script says that all the files are writable ¿? I have no setting up any file to be writable, anyway I run the installer script and works fine.
I register a forum account and works fine too BUT [b]the problem comes when I try to change any setting on the ACP I can't!!!
And I have setting up ALL the CHMOD files, I dunno what happen but I have big problems with MyBB for this reason.

I have the cookies setting up correctly but still having the problem.

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.
So do changes just not take effect?? Can you add forums??
It's the mod_security problem me thinks.

This should help: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html

You'll need contact Hostgator. Smile
(2010-03-15, 12:36 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So do changes just not take effect?? Can you add forums??

Yes, changes just not take effect. I cannot add forums.

(2010-03-15, 01:28 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]It's the mod_security problem me thinks.

This should help: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html

You'll need contact Hostgator. Smile

Thanks I will check this too.
Yes this you will need to contact HostGator. I had the same issues before in the past, just inform them via their live chat and the support assistant should be able to sort you out Wink
(2010-03-15, 06:26 PM)alex clone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this you will need to contact HostGator. I had the same issues before in the past, just inform them via their live chat and the support assistant should be able to sort you out Wink

Ok, Thank you very much.
If this has not been resolved yet, i would just like to say this happend to me today on host gator takes them 5 minuites jump onto live chat and they will fix it for you Wink
Yes I fix it. It's a Hostgator problem but will be good if MyBB advice the users of this hostgator issue Wink

Regards.
We can't do anything if a host ignores CHMOD settings or advise people of every single issue a host has.
Like MattRogowski its not problem in MyBB your host making problems.