MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Taking a "vacation" from all web designing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I just went on vacation for real, and I did absolutely no web designing while I was there. I realized how much happier I was and how much more free time I had to spend time with family and friends.
I am also very behind on my schoolwork. I have skipped probably total about three weeks of schoolwork, and it was all because I was too occupied with web designing.

So I made a decision, to take a vacation from web design related work.
The reason I say "vacation" is because I will most likely be coming back when I'm done with school for this year.

I may come back here every so often just to check up and see what's happening, but I will be refraining myself from anything web design related. (Or at least, I won't be doing any of it myself. If someone has a question and I know the answer I will give it to them.)

Now about my site... The Theme Exchange... I hate to say it, but I think I will be closing it down, and I might not bring it back up again. I have one request on the site that I got before my vacation, I'm sure I probably got more while I was gone. I never really finished the theme I was supposed to be making because I had three weeks to make it, and typical me I did it little by little amongst some other web design things and what do you know, I never finished it.

I had another request that I started working on like RIGHT before my vacation, I never finished that either, and I didn't work on it while on vacation.

To those whom I owe themes and/or other things: Sorry.
I hate saying it but you will have to ask somebody else.

Don't take this the wrong way, I absolutely love web designing, but it takes up WAY too much of my school time, and I end up skipping my schoolwork all together sometimes.

I think that about covers it, so farewell for now!
Good bye, good luck catching up with your school work. Remember, school over computer. Wink
I'd like to take a vacation as well but I have clients up the ying-yang. Anyhow, have fun! Big Grin
Aww man Sad
I completely understand how you feel. You need to put down those requests, and get some fresh air.
I took a tiny break, but then after a while, I realized that without designing, my free time started getting boringer and boringer.

Anyhow, good luck on whatever is ahead for you!
I think you over did it and now your sick of it. You got to find a right balance between Online and Real life. Same with drinking to much or the correct amount of alcohol. If you drink to much your sick but if you drink a good amount your happy Toungue.
(2010-03-15, 08:07 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Same with drinking to much or the correct amount of alcohol. If you drink to much your sick but if you drink a good amount your happy Toungue.

Not me, lol...good chance if I drink any I'm dead Toungue
(2010-03-15, 08:08 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-15, 08:07 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Same with drinking to much or the correct amount of alcohol. If you drink to much your sick but if you drink a good amount your happy Toungue.

Not me, lol...good chance if I drink any I'm dead Toungue
Let's just say that you're unique Toungue.
LOL very true, and I know it. Just was compelled to point out that detail - as not everyone will be happy after drinking (even if they don't go too far - I'm not the only one on the planet who can't).

And to the original poster: Enjoy your "vacation;" it sounds like you need it.
I have learnt, as long as you keep on top of your homework and / or school work each day, you'll be fine, you also need to plan your week out with your family events and other activities. And then you need to plan out when you are going to be doing bits and pieces. That is what i do and it works a treat.

I have work 3 times a week, and then family events as well as Lighting & Sound events as well as my Deb Ball practice etc. I still have time to do things, but it often means late nights for me.
Pages: 1 2