MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Completed for now]Showing More Than 1 Catagory On Page But Not All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

On the index page of forums you see all the categories and if you click a category you get to see that category on it's own. However I want to display a certain few catagories on one page and some others on another page etc. Is there a plugin or a way I can do this?

I need to be able to specify which categories are displayed on which page, I don't mind if I have to do this by code. Thanks for any help in advance!

Clarkie
You may be looking to add sub forums to a forum ? Not sure what you mean above, but with sub forums you can have child forums within a parent forum.

For instance:

Main forums - http://devastationgaming.net/forums/index.php

Sub forums - http://devastationgaming.net/forums/foru...php?fid=33
(2010-03-15, 06:13 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]Also, would it be possible to have different themes for different sections?

Yes, in the settings for the particular forum(s) you would need to set the theme via the "Style Options" setting.
Thanks for the replies. I can't believe how the theme changing slipped my mind. As with the categories. When catagories display they don't have threads only forums inside. The index shows all the categories, I want pages that will display like the index but only the chosen catagories. Is this possible?

Thanks again.
Not by default. You would need a modification for that.
Is there such modification or should I request one? I couldn't find one.
Are you asking about something like at Hackforums.net? That's my Tabbed Menu plugin available to subscribers at MyBBCentral.com.

There is also a similar but less featured free tutorial around here. Search for tabs I think or tabbed.
Wow that is fantastically well set up. Perfectly what I want, I just have one question. What sections of yours are categories and what are forums?

It appears that general topics displays 3 categories and the others display 1. Is that correct?

Gah why does everything have to be paid. I set up a site dedicated to helping people for free but to make it easier to use I have to pay out of my own pocket..... sometimes I wonder why I ever help people lol. As your site looks worth it I'm considering a lifetime membership. If I buy it will it remain even if you start doing annual subscriptions etc?
Yes that's correct.

The way the tabs work is that you set which categories go under the tabs. So you can have just one or five. It doesn't matter. Be aware that you are not able to place a category in more than one tab. That's about the only limitation that will effect the usage. Read the thread at MyBBCentral to get an idea of how that works.
Thanks, I ordered the premium or w/e you call it Smile

Same username. Looks like it's EXACTLY the pluggin I was after Smile
Pages: 1 2