MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Please - Locked Myself Out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

After one of my admin team made some changes without my authorisation I removed Admin CP access from the Admin group.

Duh - I am part of the admin group and now cannot access the admin cp myself!

What do I do please, I assume there is a file I can pull from the server and edit to change this back, but I need to know which one please?

Thanks - Jas

(www.carpingforcancer.co.uk)
well i think if your the super admin you should still be given ACP access (someone correct me if im wrong)

(super admin access can be granted in the /inc/config.php)
That's what I assumed when I made the change, I thought it would only allow me in.

I was wrong!
This is what the config file says currently

/**
* Super Administrators
* A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
* be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
* The administrator permissions for these users
* cannot be altered either.
*/

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

my user name is Jas so should I change it to:

$config['super_admins'] = 'Jas';

or

$config['super_admins'] = '1';Jas

?

Thanks
Please help guys, this a cancer charity website

Jas
Have you made backups for your forum? If so, just use the backups for it. Ask your host if they made any, as hosts generally take backups for your website.
I would say wait for a bit. I imagine someone here could give you the query needed in phpmyadmin to deal with this.
I however do not but i am sure some here do.
Is there not a plugin where you can get admin back also? Im sure i seen one here?
Hi

I've not made a backup myself, does the forum have an autobackup function..if so I could access that?

Thanks - Jas
you can check ./admin/backups/ and do you have phpmyadmin then i can help

Edit: tim posted something better
Run this in PHPMyAdmin, definitely no need to restore a backup!
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET cancp='1' WHERE gid='4';

That is assuming mybb_ is your database prefix and 4 is your admin group ID.
Tim, i think he meant he deleted the admin permission for the user group, which you know the dev's shouldn't have made the admin group able to lose it
(2010-03-16, 11:15 AM)Alex597 Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, i think he meant he deleted the admin permission for the user group, which you know the dev's shouldn't have made the admin group able to lose it

It's not lost, just misplaced. Smile
Pages: 1 2